The Air Currency Enhancement Society (ACES) is a non-profit society created to promote, encourage, and develop standards of excellence in all aspects of general aviation through the exchange of ideas and fraternity among its members.
Welcome to ACES
Project Update: C-FACE
ACES in 2016
2015 was not a busy year for ACES. Many of us wished we could have been in the air longer, and pass on the great experiences we can offer as a club. Recently, the directors have met to discuss where ACES should move as a club in 2016. ACES plans on seeing C-FACE (2-22) in the air this year. With a two-seater available to the club, we believe the club will once again become more active, with the ability to offer familiarization flights and training, as well as members will be able to take up friends and family on rides. The directors are dedicated to making this happen.
With the help of Val Kyte, an aircraft mechanic and aerotow pilot for ACES, we have estimated the project to get C-FACE in the air at roughly 300 man hours and $5000 in materials. Over the coming months the directors will be volunteering a few days a month each to assist Val with the project.
Seeing C-FACE fly would be a great achievement for the soon to be 25 year old club. Check back soon for more updates.
Notes from 2016 AGM
1. the fee structure remains the same for both SAC and ACES.
2. An updated list of directors and officers are as follows:[Directors] (Officers) for 2016:
– [Neil Wolthers] (Chair)
– [Jill Kean] (Vice Chair)
– [Stephanie Beaton] (Secretary)
– [Bud Berntson] (Treasurer)
– [Patrick Dalton] (Communications)
– [Stephen Elliott] (Standards O/FSO)
– [Robert Francis] (Operations)
– [Ryan Fernandez] (CFI)
– [Kevin MacDonald]
3. Dart Air Industries to fund the remaining cost of the ACE project.
4. Members are asked to complete the online membership form via http://www.soaraces.ca/join/
5. The next directors meeting (open to all members) April 26th, 2016. Location TBD.
6. The next AGM March 2017. Location and time TBD.